Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finally some news!

I have been fretting about how we really picked a bad time in the economy to attempt house-buying and that it may not even happen for us right now. The original house I had wanted (you know, the 2 acre farmhouse...) is going to go up for Sheriff's sale soon. In one way this is good in that the bank has hired in people to fix the plumbing, and tie up some odds and ends things around. In another way it's so horrible it makes me want to be physically sick or cry or both! Meaning this is going to bring so much attention to this house and someone with a big checkbook or decent financing is going to swoop in and steal my dreams out from under me!

Oh no!!!! I know you're not supposed to get emotional about these things, but I was getting so excited. My mom has been giving me some helpful hints and ordering me to get going on this house before I lose it. She said it's up to my fiance and I to get this done and banks love to have offers that entertain their own financing. I will post the advice once I sort it out since I typed quick notes while she and I were talking.

Sorry about the depressing mood, but I needed to get some of this off of my chest! The fiance is so pannicked about getting laid off from work that he's in "financially paralyzed" mode. I, the penny pincher of the relationship, know that we can make it work even if he has no choice but to collect unemployment for a while. He will make two thirds of a really nice paycheck and I am still crunching numbers and everything, but my preliminary fudgeable numbers are coming out to equal a GO! My job is not in jeopardy currently being in the auto parts business. In fact, my job gets more secure with a rough economy because of the poeple that have decided not to go for the new car, but instead prolong the life of their used vehicle by buying the parts and fixing it themselves or hiring it done by someone who also purchases our parts. Also, I am to get a "Merit Increase"... yay a raise!!!!

So I have indeed talked myself into a more positive mood. I am going to fire up Excel now and peck away until I am completely satisfied we can manage the financial burden of homeownership. We shall see.

If anyone has any advie on any of the home-buying process, PLEASE SHARE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment